|INTEREST POINTS close to these flat!|
dell'Orto Church:The name derives from a miraculous image of the Madonna
who one scultor had placed in its house garden and that soon began to being
venerated from the inhabitants of this district. The church is a fundamental
stage in order to know the painting of Jacopo Robusti called the Tintoretto
who here was buried with the sons in the right chapel close to the main
The construction engaged all the fifteenth century - changing an older building - and turning out one of the more typical structures of the Gotich Venice, as it demonstrates the tripartition of the facade.
Scuola Grande di San Giovanni Evangelista: Becouse of the paintings dedicated to this School we are sure it was the most important non-denominational institution in Venice during the past. San Giovanni evangelista was founded in 1261 and soon became famous when it received the Cross's relic by an official of the Cyprus kingdom in 1369. The fact was so important that many paintings, kept at the Accademia Gallery testified the moment: Processione della Croce in Piazza S.Marco, Il miracolo della Croce al Ponte di S.Lorenzo, both by Gentile Bellini and...
D'Oro: Once upon the time was considered one of the most sumptuous buildings
of Venice for the beautiful colours of its facade, Ca' D'oro knew an unlucky
period becouse of the several restorations made during five centuries of
history, till baron Giorgio Franchetti bought it at the end of XIX century
to create an art gallery.
Inside it's possible to admire masterpieces by Mantegna, Diana and Carpaccio. Besides there are many paintings of Flemish school and what remain of the decorations that one time made beautiful the facades of the buildings near the "Canal Grande" (main channel of Venice).